There is a constant need for all sorts of items throughout our organization. Donations are used for a range of purposes, such as extra clothing for a child, a new refrigerator for one of our group homes, or fixing a leaky roof. Any money or items donated to Koinonia are used to better our programs and fulfill our mission to the communities we serve.
Ways To ContributeCOVID-19 Needs Cash Gifts Amazon Smile United Way
Your donation will help us provide, but is not limited to, services like:
- Additional professional counseling and therapeutic services for children.
- Placement of adoptive children, with a full range of services including adoptive family assessment, counseling and finalization.
- Special medical needs, such items as simple braces and cosmetic dental are not funded. Even glasses need to be purchased at times.
- Family preservation services, including: parenting classes and counseling for the biological family.
- Extra clothing for children that come to Koinonia with only the clothes on their back.
- Sports equipment and sport team fees.
- Birthday and Christmas gifts.
- Summer camps and other types of youth trips, like missions and football camp.
- Educational tutoring and lessons such as music and dance.
- Vocational training.
- Moving out and college expenses for children transitioning at the age of 18-19.
- Computers for school.
- Foster and adoptive parent appreciation dinners and gifts.