Koinonia Group Homes, a division of Koinonia Family Services, began over 20 years ago as an extension of Koinonia’s vision to provide for the needs of abused and delinquent children in a structured and nurturing setting. We currently have 5 group homes in the Placer and Sacramento County area.
Koinonia’s group homes are highly structured, professional Level 12 inpatient substance abuse treatment facilities for male and female adolescents. Each of our homes are spacious six bed facilities which are licensed by the CA Department of Social Services/Community Care Licensing and certified by ADP, the State of California Alcohol & Drug Programs. We also operate a licensed APD, Drug/MediCal Treatment Clinic. Our program is highly structured and treatment focused with a strong physical training component.
The following is a summary of our group home program:
- 300 & 602 populations served.
- Three 6-bed male facilities dedicated to substance abuse treatment.
- Two 6-bed female facilities dedicated to the treatment of substance abuse, sexual abuse and trauma.
- Cognitive Behavioral approach model to treatment.
- Positive peer culture driven program utilizing peer counseling, feedback and support.
- Full time social workers and 24-hour awake child care staff.
- Minimum of 6 hours per week of individual and group treatment.
- Regular urinalysis & oral testing.
- On-Site Drug/MediCal Substance Abuse Treatment Clinic.
- Bi-monthly multi-family treatment group involving residents and their family members.
- Therapy and medication evaluation with consulting psychologist and psychiatrist, as needed.
- Family therapy as needed in preparation for reunification.
- Minimum of three community recovery groups per week.
- A program dedicated high school in conjunction with Placer County Office of Education.
- GED preparation available.
- Independent Living Skills training
Community support is vital to the emotional recovery of these youths. This support frequently comes through local churches and service clubs, all of which assist with treatment needs and equipment provisions not covered by AFDC-FC. Donations of furniture, household items, sporting equipment and financial support are always needed and greatly appreciated.
We are here to serve you and the needs of the children you place with us. For more information contact us online or use the information below.
Group Home Administrator
P.O. Box 1403
5980 Webb Street
Loomis, CA 95650