Koinonia Homes for Teens, a division of Koinonia Family Services, began in 1985 as an extension of Koinonia’s vision to provide for the needs of abused and delinquent children in a structured and nurturing setting. We currently have 5 short-term residential therapeutic homes in Placer County.
Koinonia’s short-term residential therapeutic homes are highly-structured, professional inpatient substance abuse and mental health treatment facilities for male and female adolescents. Each of our homes are spacious six-bed facilities which are licensed by the CA Department of Social Services/Community Care Licensing . We also operate a licensed DHCS, Drug/Medi-Cal Treatment Clinic. Our program is highly-structured and treatment-focused with strong physical training and life skills components.
The following is a summary of our Homes for Teens program:
- 300 & 602 populations served.
- Three 6-bed male facilities dedicated to substance abuse and mental health treatment.
- Two 6-bed female facilities dedicated to the treatment of substance abuse, mental health, sexual abuse and trauma.
- Cognitive-behavioral, trauma-informed approach to treatment.
- Positive peer culture driven program utilizing peer counseling, feedback and support.
- Full-time social workers and 24-hour awake child care staff.
- Minimum of 6 hours per week of individual and group treatment.
- Regular urinalysis & oral testing.
- On-Site Drug/Medi-Cal Substance Abuse Treatment Clinic.
- Bi-monthly multi-family treatment group involving residents and their family members.
- Therapy and medication evaluation with consulting psychiatrist, as needed.
- Transition planning and support with family therapy, as needed, in preparation for reunification.
- A program-dedicated accredited high school in conjunction with Placer County Office of Education.
- Fully-accredited High School diploma, AB167 and GED preparation available.
- Independent Living Skills training.
Community involvement and support is vital to the emotional recovery of these youth. This support frequently comes through community based organizations, local churches and service clubs, all of which assist with treatment needs and equipment provisions. Donations of furniture, household items, sporting equipment and financial support are always needed and greatly appreciated.
We are here to serve you and the needs of the youth you place with us. For more information contact us online or use the information below.
Homes for Teens Director
P.O. Box 1403
5980 Webb Street
Loomis, CA 95650