In a year like 2020, many nonprofits have been faced with challenges unlike ever before. As the holiday season approached, our expectations for giving were fairly low, but we have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of our communities. Every year we celebrate the generous contributors who make the dreams of foster children possible, but this year has been exceptional! We wanted to take a moment to recognize the organizations and individuals who have gone out of their way this holiday season to support our mission of bringing hope and healing to foster youth and families.
The list below consists of people who have donated their time more than anything. For a full list of individuals who have shown their generosity through monetary donations, click here. Government funding does not provide for all of the unique needs of our children, and the extra support we receive helps us to provide the highest quality of care to foster youth. Koinonia extends a huge THANK YOU for everyone’s support during the holidays, especially in such a unique year.
Donation Drive Organizers
We are incredibly grateful for the individuals who organized donation drives. Not only did they pour time and energy into these projects, but they inspired others to get into the spirit of giving!
- Blessed Boxing
- Danielle Hatcher
- Defending the Cause Regional Alliance
- International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers of Rancho Cordova
- Kaera Anzalone, owner of Rejuven8 Wellness Spa
- Ticket to Dream Foundation
- Zoey & Missy Rawlins
Koinonia was blown away by the support we received in the form of sponsored events this holiday season. These joy-filled events lifted the spirits of our foster youth, resource families, and staff.
- Bayside Church in Granite Bay (Ice skating event for resource families)
- Dorian’s Angels (Angels In The Alley event for foster teens)
- Starbucks (“Sin N Surprise” events for Southern California Koinonia staff)
These family-owned businesses were generous enough to donate a percentage of their proceeds to Koinonia during the holiday season. We cannot thank them enough!
- NorCal Kettle Corn (donated 25% of proceeds)
- White Barn Family Farms (donated 10% of proceeds)
Christmas Gift Donors
These amazing organizations and individuals took it upon themselves to donate TONS of Christmas gifts to our foster youth…we’re not just talking one or two! Many of them purchased EVERY SINGLE GIFT on the wish list for their local Koinonia office.
- Calvary Chapel Modesto
- Leland Krelle & Musa Wadud
- MbarC Construction
- San Diego Foster Angels
- Tehachapi LOL Women’s Group
- Ylfelynn & Shawn Teare