Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program
Koinonia Homes for Teens, a division of Koinonia Family Services, began in 1985 as an extension of Koinonia’s vision to provide for the needs of abused and delinquent children in a structured and nurturing setting. We currently have two short-term residential therapeutic homes in Placer County.
Koinonia’s short-term residential therapeutic homes are highly-structured, professional inpatient substance abuse and mental health treatment facilities for male and female adolescents. Each of our homes are spacious six-bed facilities which are licensed by the CA Department of Social Services/Community Care Licensing and certified for mental health treatment through the CA Department of Health Care Services. Our program is highly-structured and treatment-focused with strong physical training and life skills components.
The following is a summary of our Homes for Teens program:
- 300, 602 and AAP populations served.
- One 6-bed male facility dedicated to mental health and co-occurring treatment.
- One 6-bed female facility dedicated to treat mental health, co-occurring, and victimization issues.
- Trauma-informed approach to treatment.
- Positive peer culture driven program utilizing peer counseling, feedback and support.
- Full-time social workers and 24-hour awake child care staff.
- Minimum of 6 hours per week of individual and group treatment.
- Therapy and medication evaluation with a consulting psychiatrist, as needed.
- Transition planning and support with family therapy, as needed, in preparation for reunification.
- Program-dedicated high school services onsite.
- Fully-WASC-accredited High School diploma, AB167 and GED preparation available.
- Independent “Living Skills” and “Career Development”.
Community involvement and support is vital to the emotional recovery of these youth. This support frequently comes through community based organizations, local churches and service clubs, all of which assist with treatment needs, financial aid, and in-kind donations are always needed and much appreciated. Donations of furniture, household items, sporting equipment and financial support are always needed and greatly appreciated.
We are here to serve you and the needs of the youth you place with us. For more information contact us online or use the information below.
Homes for Teens Director
P.O. Box 1403
5980 Webb Street
Loomis, CA 95650